Life never does run smoothly does it? In this episode, I talk about what we can do when we face setbacks, including small, inconvenient things that throw a spanner in the works through to larger more devastating setbacks that can be harder to bounce back from. I cover three key tips that can help you recover from setbacks that focus on self-talk, resilience, and being prepared.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Dealing with setbacks
- Working with failure
- Hustle culture
- Negative self-talk
- Reframing negative thoughts
- Seeing setbacks as opportunities
- Thought diary
- Creating a plan B (Bare Minimum)
- Setting your non-negotiables
Useful Resources for Motivation and Facing Setbacks
Want to dig even deeper into motivation and what might be holding you back? Here are some useful resources that might help:
- The Anti-Burnout Journal + Course (no membership required)
- Overcoming Overwhelm Course (no membership required)
- Breath Work for Productivity (no membership required)
- CBT to help improve motivation with CBT Psychotherapist Rachael (membership required)
- Goal Setting Workshop with Bex (membership required)
- Spring into Action Course (membership required)
- How to get motivated to look after your wellbeing (podcast, no membership required)
- How to get motivated to do anything – 14 ways to get and stay motivated (blog, no membership required)
Build Your Resilience
We’ve launched the first of our donation-only workshops on building your resilience, suitable both for individuals who would like to become more resilient and for teams.
Building resilience can help reduce our chances of experiencing burnout or compassion fatigue (vicarious trauma). It’s a vital skill to help us thrive, especially when working in high stress or caregiving environments.
In this two-hour workshop, we’ll go through what resilience actually is, the benefits of learning this skill, and how to measure your own. We will then cover several actionable steps that you can take away to help build resilience which will include a workbook to fill in after the event.
You can find out more details and get a ticket here.